Alternative medicine is usually grouped in a category that still remains seen as “unscientific,” thus leaving it out of the accepted treatment category in modern day medicine. One of these treatments is acupuncture or acupressure.
Most normal headaches usually occur from stress and tension. In order to alleviate this problem and minimize their full effect, we will introduce acupressure, which is one of the oldest alternative therapies that are used to relieve ailments easily at home.
To perform acupressure you need to learn to identify and work the exact pressure points, which are those where certain accumulations of nerves located in certain areas of our body. You learn how to deal with these areas of our body properly and relieve that discomfort quickly.
Acupressure for Headaches
Just follow the steps listed below to get rid of a headache and stress using acupressure:
- Stretch out your palm. Make a more visible gap in between your thumb and index finger.
- In between these two fingers, there is a fleshy presence.
- With the help of your other hand, hold the central part of this part of flesh for about 30 seconds.
In fact, you have to put in little pressure on that point.
- While you are doing this, just observe how the tension gets decreased.
- Squeeze your muscles until the pain is really gone. This really does work wonders in reducing stress and headache.
Source : www.talkchick.com